Serving Our Military Connected Students and Families
WHO ARE YOUR CAMPUS-BASED
At Randolph ES, School Counselors also serve as campus-based military family liaisons. Ms. Crespo is the point of contact for grades Pre-K - 2nd. Mrs. Penn is the point of contact for grades 3-5. We strive to offer the strongest supports for addressing the social and emotional needs of military parents, families, and communities.
In our roles as liaisons, our major duties and responsibilities include:
- Integrate the military child into the campus.
- Serve as advisors for our student led transition program - Anchored4Life.
- Communicates with principal, teachers, students and parents about any concerns.
- Work with the JBSA-Randolph School Liaison - Ms. Angela Green - to keep the military leadership aware of district, family, and school issues.
- Works in tandem with the Military Family Life Counselors (MFLC) assigned to our campus.
- Advocates and provides program information and support to military families.
- Interacts with military parents and community members.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the school district and follows all district policies.
- Provide optimal customer service to all students, employees, parents, community, members and any other stakeholders of the district.
WHAT IS ANCHORED4LIFE?
Anchored4Life is a peer-to-peer club to connect youth while building change and resiliency skills. The club provides opportunities for peers to enhance social skills, learn leadership skills, build character, improve self-esteem, and integrate into their community with service projects. Youth will learn these change and resiliency skills using the Club features. The club's consists of crew members as well as 4th and 5th grade Team Leaders that assist in implementing the club features throughout the campus. To connect with Anchored4Life e-learning resources, please click the button below.
MILITARY FAMILY LIFE COUNSELORS (MFLC)
The MFLCs for Randolph Elementary are Christina (Grades PK-2) and Jessica (Grades 3-5).
The MFLC Program supports service members, their families and survivors with non-medical counseling worldwide. Trained to work with the military community, military and family life counselors deliver valuable face-to-face counseling services, briefings and presentations to the military community both on and off base. If interested in utilizing this service, please note that the parent consent letter regarding non-medical counseling must be on file for your student(s). Click on the button below for more information on the MFLC program.
JBSA-RANDOLPH SCHOOL LIAISON OFFICE
Joint Base San Antonio School Liaison Office (SLO) helps parents ease the transition of the mobile military lifestyle and can assist prior to your PCS, upon arrival, while at your installation and when you prepare to depart for your next duty station. They specialize in serving military families with K-12 school-age children and are able to provide information about the local school systems and community.
The SLO will support parents and school districts with the Interstate Compact for the Education of Military Students interpretation, information on schools and boundaries, Home School, Deployment Support, provide School and Community Outreach partnerships. These military dependent education professionals serve as a link between military families and all surrounding school districts ensuring maximum educational opportunities for academic success.
The SLO for JBSA-Randolph is Ms. Angela Green 210-652-3081
JBSA-Randolph 652-5321 or email [email protected]